Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Proud Sister

Here I am eating some Halloween candy waiting for my laundry to be done and all I can think about is how proud I am of my sister. 

She has decided to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 
I always thought that if anyone was to go on a mission in the family it'd be me. 
Sara had never wanted to. It was never part of her plan.
(Which is fine, women aren't required to serve a mission like the men are.)
But she had the thought come into her head and couldn't fight it anymore.
It just was right.

I was the first person she told. 
ME. 
Of all the important people in her life she choose me to tell first.
Probably because she had the opportunity to and it just happened..
but still, she told me first.

For those who don't really know my relationship with my sister let me explain:
We were never the best friend kind of sisters.
We didn't fight all the time we just were so different we never really were best friends.
Of course we had our fair share of fighting but as we got older we saw more of our similarities instead of our differences and we have grown pretty close.
We try to go to lunch once a week, mostly cause I pay with my meal plan, but also I think it's nice to catch up.

Anyways...
I love my sister. She is such a great example to me and I'm so proud of her and all she is accomplishing. 
I cannot wait to find out where she is serving. 
I'm hoping somewhere cool, like Europe or something, so I can go pick her up in a cool place. :)

Also another little thing I thought of is now all the attention is going to be back on Sara. 
Which I am ok with. haha
Sara had all the attention basically from her senior year until her junior year of college.
With graduating, starting college, London, etc.
Then I had it with my Senior year stuff, my knee, teeth, starting college, etc.
Now it's back to Sara. 
I guess I have to think of something exciting to happen in my life for when she gets back so we can keep this trading of attention going. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment