Monday, November 14, 2011

Definition of Happy

While still on my happiness kick I thought I'd define my "happy." So here are a few things that just sing happiness to me:

  • Sweats, blankets and a good movie or TV show. Lately my two favorite TV shows are Grey's Anatomy and 30 Rock. 

  • Looking/feeling classy. When I am wearing an outfit I'm proud of and have my classy bracelets on I love it. It's one of the best feelings.
  • Feeling completely comfortable being myself. Whenever I am with my close friends and am free to go crazy without fear of judgement, that is simply the best.
  • Witty days. I have days when I just think I am so witty and funny. Usually I am not as witty or as funny as I think but I get a good laugh out of it. 
  • Little kids. They are just the cutest. I love their curiosity, their little personalities, and the instant joy at any little thing. Never grow up kids. Happiness doen't come as easy when you get older.

  • Feeling pretty. I guess it's kind of the same thing as feeling classy but isn't it just the best feeling?
  • Being at peace. On Mondays and Wednesdays I have class at 9am then I have a break until 11am and I always go to the Wilk, get my blueberry bagel and plain cream cheese, sit and listen to some feel-good music, and do homework, blog, facebook stalk, etc. It is always a refreshing hour or so of peace. 
  • Family. I absolutely love my family. I love that I'm close to my extended family and can go to Sunday dinners. I miss my Mom and Dad a lot but even though they are so far away, I still love them more and more everyday. (I don't even know how that is possible.)

  • Good Music. I don't have any specific bands, artists, or genres that are my favorite but I just call it feel-good music. Some recent favorites are Ray LaMontange, Joe Purdy, Norah Jones, Noah & the Whale, Adele, Justin Bieber (have you heard his Christmas CD?? I highly recommend it.), Bon Iver, Melody Gardot, Lil Wayne :) 

  • Sleep. I have not been getting nearly enough lately but when I do, oh it's the best feeling to just lay down and fall instantly asleep. 
  • Good friends. I have some of the best friends in the whole world. When I really start thinking about it I don't know how I got so lucky. They are so patient and just sit and listen to my constant ranting, planning, immaturity, uncalled for excitement, etc. But really guys, why are you friends with me? 
  • Scarves. I wish I had a scarf for every day of the year. I just love them.
  • Rain. I love a good rain. I love the smell, the sound, and I love to put on my rain-boots and raincoat and jump in the puddles like at 4 year old. I don't think there is anything better. Okay maybe..


  • Being alone either in the car or my room and just belting any and every song that comes on my radio. It also happens in the shower where I so easily forget that I may be alone in the shower, but not too far outside the shower are my roommates. But it's what I go to when I'm not feeling so great because it instantly makes me unbelievably happy.
  • Wedding anything. It's no secret I'm a sucker for anything wedding. I'm constantly watching wedding videos, looking at pictures, and planning my own. I just love the shear joy on everyones faces at the wedding. I'm pretty sure all my pictures from my wedding day will be me looking like this-

so much excitement. 
  • And of course I have to put in the Gospel. It makes me the most happy. 
There are probably a billion other things that make me super happy and I'm just not thinking of them right now. But there is a quick list of things that make me oh so happy. 
What makes you happy? 
Do more of that. 
Someone at church yesterday said something that I loved,
"always make time to be happy."
So do it. 
Be happy. :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment