Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Thanksgiving Weekend

This year for Thanksgiving I didn't get to go home. And at first I was ok with that because I knew my parents would be coming out and we would have a blast with family. But then I realized that by me not going home I was missing out on a lot. The Lacrosse alumni game, seeing my friends, our wards turkey bowl, etc. After realizing all that I'd be missing I was getting pretty homesick and super jealous of everyone who got to go home. Like my friend Alex said, "I feel like Harry when everyone goes home for Christmas and he is stuck at Hogwarts."Even though my family is all out here I still was feeling homesick for good ol' Herndon and everything it has to offer.

But then I got to the amazing cabin where I got to spend Thanksgiving with my family. We were up in the mountains and it's just gorgeous up there. I snuck out of my room and went out on the balcony and was just astounded by the amount of stars you can see. It was so quiet that I felt like I was disturbing the peace by crunching the snow as I walked. Oh yea, did I mention there was snow up here. Generally I'm not a big fan of snow but up here, it's perfect. I think coming here was a perfect decision, for all of us. It's a perfect time and place to get away and just be able to have down time to think. I loved that I got to see all my cousins, aunts, uncles, and Grandpa and I love that I got to have some quiet moments at night where I could sneak out to go stare at the stars.

Overall I'm really glad with how my Thanksgiving weekend turned out. I got to reconnect with my family, giggle at my grandpa's slightly racist comments, get away from the "real world", and just relax. I still cannot wait until I go home. About 3 more weeks. They can't pass by fast enough.

Also some really exciting news, Sara got her mission call! Paris, France! Could it be anymore perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment