Sunday, August 21, 2011

While I sit here..

I'm stuck in the Denver Airport waiting for my delayed flight to Provo. So I thought I'd start my list of things to do when I'm me again. A.K.A when my knee is healed.
Here is some background information to fill you in. You probably already know I tore my ACL but i recently went to the doctor for my almost 3 month mark and he said for sure no cutting sports (which is basically every sport..) for a year. So about May 27, 2012 I will be myself again. I pictured my first year at college being different too. I mean I'm sure I'll still have fun, just not the ways I thought I would. I thought I'd be hiking, swimming, playing sports, running, and most importantly-Lacrosse playing. Now that all that is so viciously thrown to the curb I'm struggling to find other ways of fun. I mean honestly, that's pretty pathetic. What do non-athletic people do for fun? No offense or anything but I've just lived my whole 18 years doing athletic things for fun and now I feel like I have to re-learn how to live my life...
Anyways..I'm getting away from the point of this post. Forgive me. Here is the list:

1. Mud Run. I found this somewhere at BYU one day and posted it up in my room as inspiration to get strong enough by the day it is so I could do it. Well no matter how strong I get I can't do it. It is in September. Which you, my brillant friend, can figure out is not after May 27, 2012. But I will do this next year with friends and I will be the muddiest person there. Come do it with me!
2. Hike to the top of Squaw Peak. Every time I look up at that tip I think, "There has to be a way up there. And I'm gonna do it." Yes, it is the make-out mountain for the Utah Valley but I simply want to hike to the tippy top and stand there and just yell, "I made it Suckers!" And then maybe start singing Jay-Z's "I Made It." We will see how I feel once I get there.
Looks a lot taller in person..this is the best picture I could find..
Please be more impressed then this picture allows you to be..
3. Play Lacrosse. DUHH. Of course this had to be on the list. I won't be ready to play by BYU's try-outs but I'm going to the meeting and am determined to be involved somehow, whether by being manager (my Basketball boys know how good I am at that), or just helping out at practice, or whatever the coach lets me do. I'll keep you updated on that for sure.

Picture this lovely intimidating women in BYU garb. Looks good right?
4. Run a Marathon. Ok this for sure won't happen next year but soon enough it will happen. I first have to figure out how to train for a marathon, then actually train, then actually do it without dying..My dad and I are going to do it. I'm sure tears will be shed before because we can't believe we are actually doing it, during because we will want to die and hate ourselves, then after from pain and accomplishment. Oh and it's just what we do, cry. 

I need to think of something exciting to do at the finish..any ideas?
5. Take a Golf class. I tried to take it this Summer then my knee blew up and then I tried for this Fall and my Doctor said without hesitation, "Absolutely not. NO." Dager. So now i have decided that third time's the charm. I will take a golf class at BYU. And I will ace it. 

I'm gonna be the next Tiger Woods minus the you know, skin color difference.  ;)

That's all I can think of for now. I'll add more as I pass up fun things because I can't right now. I am sure this list will grow. Quickly.



No comments:

Post a Comment