Monday, March 25, 2013

Let No Man Despise Thy Youth


This past week in New Testament we talked about 1 & 2 Timothy. I love the scripture in 1 Timothy Chapter 4:1, it says, "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." It just makes me think of the mission age change and how Heavenly Father is trusting younger people to go spread His son's gospel. We may be told that we are too young or too inexperienced but God has a patterned of trusting younger people. 

God trusted a 14 year old boy with probably one of the biggest tasks in these Latter-days. If He could trust a 14 year old, uneducated boy to bring about the last dispensation and return the fullness of the gospel to this earth He can trust young people like us to push Christ's work forward. 

I know I sometimes forget the trust Heavenly Father has placed in me. But if I step back and take time to remember that He has placed me on this earth at this specific time to further the work then I can gain confidence in the trust He has placed in me. Not only has He trusted me for this time, but He prepared me for this. He trusts me enough to have blessed me with the knowledge and faith of the true church from a young age. It is now my responsibility to honor that trust Heavenly Father has given me. I need to honor His will and follow the plan He has for me, no matter what it may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment