Sunday, May 27, 2012

One year ago today...

Exactly one year ago today I had surgery on my ACL. 
It's amazing how much has changed in one year. 
I am no longer a high school student, or even a college freshmen for that matter. 
I feel like I have improved in a lot of ways since then.
But definitely still have a lot I need to work on.

For one thing, I can walk. Not only walk but run, and most importantly-play lacrosse. I'll admit I'm terrified to play again. I joined this women's league to play in over the summer and so I'm hoping I get over most of my fears before I try out for BYU's team. I'm really excited to play again, but I think I'll always be terrified of having to go through another rough, immobile year. I'll admit I've wondered if playing again was worth risking tearing my ACL again, and although pretty much everything sucked about tearing my ACL, I got through it and here I am exactly one year later stronger and better for it. And then I remember how much I love lacrosse and there is no question, it's 100% worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment