Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bring it on Summer of 2012

I'm finally home. I've been home for about a week now and it's just great. 
I miss my BYU friends a lot.
It's hard to go from seeing each other pretty much everyday to not at all.
It's weird not having them involved in my everyday life like they used to be. 



But other then that, things are great.
My high school friends are starting to come home and it's great.

Everyone warned me that coming home wouldn't be the same and I'd wish I was back in Provo after 2 weeks. But I think they were wrong. 
True it hasn't been 2 weeks yet but so far, I am loving everything about home. 

I love spending time with my family.


If you don't know, my dad is hilarious. 
I have busted up laughing many a times because of his unexpected humor. 

And my mom, she is just amazing. 
I don't know how she does all that she does.
And she is so patient with me.
I'll admit I can get pretty annoying.
Especially after I've been stuck in the house with mono for a week.

And my sister.
She isn't home for good yet, but we created a bond at school that I am anxiously waiting to strengthen at home this summer. I don't think anyone can really understand how much that bond means to me.

I love my friends.



So far I've seen Brandon, Brittany, Griffin, and Victoria.
And some other random friends from high school which was nice.
Again, everyone tried to warn me that things wouldn't be the same, my friends would be different, and I'd be different and we wont be as close as we were in high school. But they lied about that too. 
Yes, I'm different after my 3 semesters at BYU but not so much that I don't get along with my best friends anymore. 
I'm so proud of all of my friends, they are all finding their own way at their different schools.
And sure, they have probably changed some too, but that's good. 
Change is good, no matter how scared I am of it sometimes. 

All in all home is perfect right now. 
And as far as I can tell, everything may not be the exact same but I'm glad it's not. 
Everything is perfect just the way it is right now. 
And I predict things are only going to get better.
Bring it on Summer of 2012, bring it on.




No comments:

Post a Comment