Monday, February 25, 2013

Try a Little Faith

This last week at church someone said something at church that I absolutely loved. They said:
"It takes faith to be happy."

Since my whole life montra is "Be Happy" I couldn't help but violently nod my head as this wise person shared this thought. It is so true! Then in addition to this comment in my New Testament class this week we talked about 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 "We are troubled on every side, yet we are not distressed: we are perplexed but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed." 

I love the optimism in those verses, even though all those hard things may be happening to us, we can still have faith. And with that faith comes happiness. I think a huge part of faith is choosing to be happy no matter the circumstance you find yourself in because you know that things will get better. You know that God will not let whatever trial or struggle you are facing overpower you. He has blessed us with so many ways to overcome our trials, we only need to use them. 

Can I give you, my loyal blog readers, a challenge? Can I challenge you to have enough faith to be happy? As silly as that may sound, think about it for a minute. Have enough faith to be happy. Whatever struggle or trial you are facing, decision you have to make, or fight you are tirelessly working to win, find the faith to be happy through it. If you are brave enough, or rather have enough faith to accept this challenge, let me know how it goes. I'll be working on this too. Here is a video to inspire you:



No comments:

Post a Comment