Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Hope They Call me on a Mission

Well. It's been decided. I am serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so excited. My plan right now is to wait until after Winter Break to start and put in my papers and then have my availability date be sometime mid-June. So far that has felt right.



Even though I have almost 9 months until June I know time is going to fly and June will get here before I know it. I am trying to start preparing now. I am trying to get my hands on a Preach my Gospel but they are in high demand so it's been harder than anticipated. I'm trying to find some time in my crazy busy days to study from it and learn it well. I am trying to make my scripture study more of a study and less of a "I'll just skim over this as I fall asleep" kind of deal.

Another thing I want to do to prepare is teach people. Being in Utah there aren't many opportunities to talk to non-members, but luckily I have a lot of non-member friends! So if you are willing, let me practice and teach you! Is that weird to ask? Nah.

I am so excited about serving a mission. I have been so blessed by this gospel and so I can't wait to bring that same happiness and blessings into the lives of others. God is so good. This gospel is so good. My Savior is so good.



If you have any tips or ideas for me to help me prepare, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment