Friday, July 13, 2012

My 4th of July

(better late then never right?)

So this year I had to work on the 4th which I was fairly bummed about because I was missing out on celebrating with my friends. But it turned out to be pretty great.


Well first off I made a last minute decision to go to the Nationals game which was a great decision. I am so blessed. Who else gets to celebrate the 4th of July in the Nation's Capitol with the number 1 baseball team, and not to mention with family and close friends? Not many. It was a great experience. 


Since Sara and I had to work we left the game early when the Nats were up. We made it to work with plenty of time to spare. We got our jobs and I was assigned to the "Info Tent" in which I was to give away free stuff. Which is amazing let me tell you. We had people spinning and "Wheel of Fortune" like wheel for a free t-shirt. I was so fun to watch their anticipation as the wheel spun and then the excitement on their faces when they won. Giving free stuff away is the best.


Then after we ran out of shirts we all gathered up to go to the golf course to secure the perimeter. The fireworks are shot off the golf course so it's unsafe to have people on it while the firework show is going off. So it was our job to make sure no one snuck on. We were all assigned different spots on the course and I had the best spot ever. I was right behind this house that was having their own party with karaoke, live music, and tons of food. There were people from Maryland, DC, and of course Virginia. (This happens to be Mr. Abney from Herndon Middle..weird...) Most the people singing were professional singers and they were all singing R&B, it was so great. So Maddie and I were just enjoying the entertainment. Then someone came and brought us some cake! They were so nice! Then the fireworks started and they were amazing, we had the best spot for watching them, they were directly overhead. During the fireworks the party people were singing Amazing Grace, America the Beautiful, and even Yankee Doodle. Maddie and I were so happy we couldn't sit still. I just kept thinking, "I am experiencing pure joy right now."


I love those moments. I'm trying to be able to recognize them and take note of them as they happen. This summer has been such a fun-filled, exciting, and all-too-busy one. But I'm doing my best to record all the fun memories, there are just so many I need to try harder.

firework pictures provided my Maddie :)
thanks Mad!

1 comment:

  1. hey, I sorta just came across your blog randomly but I like it. Its so cute:) Come look at my blog:)
    fashionprincess00.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete