Friday, February 10, 2012

Nerves

Stupid nerves. I'm about to meet with this man who wants to hire me as an assistant lacrosse coach for a new U-15 league and I'm flippin' nervous. I could barely sleep last night. I kept waking up worried I slept through my alarm. I basically already have the job I don't know why I'm so nervous but I might be slightly freaking out. I have no idea what this man looks like, acts like, or anything really about him. And I know very little about this league. Hence the meeting. But still. I'm nervous. Hopefully this helps me get my nerves out. I'm going to give myself a pep talk. (Man, every old-ish man that walks by I try to look nice just in case it's him. I hate this!) Anyways- Pep Talk!

I may not be the best lacrosse player by a long shot, but I am great with people. I am kind. I am understanding, and I just love lacrosse which makes me qualified right? It's just an assistant job so I'll be observing, getting to know the program, taking in all I can, and probably just doing what they tell me. Which is low stress. I wont have any huge responsibilities. But if I were to be given some I would be able to handle it. I am really good at getting organized and planning things. I can easily act like a 15 year old. I can connect with these girls no problem. I can coach them and help them out easily. Trust in that! I am qualified for this job. And if nothing else, I am from the east. That makes me special right?

Oh my goodness. That helped but I'm still nervous. Sorry all you avid blog readers, this blog was for me more than for anyone else. Maybe a lesson you could take away from this is that it's ok to give yourself pep talks? Like Alec Baldwin did in 30 Rock. It's perfectly normal. Right?


excuse the minor poor use of language. 


Ok. Meeting done. Really I had no reason to be worried. He was just so desperate for any type to help he could get. So basically that's why he wants me. haha Anyways I'm  super excited about it. Try-outs start March 8 and the Tournaments are in June. So I have to stay for spring which is kind of a bummer. But it's worth it for lacrosse. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment