Saturday, November 30, 2013

My Day of Thanks

This Thanksgiving I got to spend with my new family! Josh's family came down from Colorado and picked us up in Provo and we drove down to St. George to be with Josh's Grandparents and brother Rob.

We got to go to the pool and to encourage Bekah as she swam laps to stay in shape for Swim Team. When I say encourage I mean we messed around a lot while Bekah worked hard. Luckily we got Bekah to join in our fun as we made ridiculous relay games where we practically drowned our way across the pool. Life-threatening yet completely enjoyable!

We also played lots of games. I quickly learned that when it comes to games the Burtons mean business. We had some good competitions all in good fun of course. Rob and his smooth talking got me to share the glory of winning with him causing contention between us and Josh and Bekah. Which made Bekah retaliate by kicking me in my sleep. (ok, ok, it was unintentional...I think..)


On Thanksgiving we Josh and Rob entertained us by pulling up one of their Grandparent's dead trees in the backyard.



After a couple fun filled days in St. George we made our way back up to Payson to be with Josh's other grandparents for our 2nd Thanksgiving meal. I think after all the food I've eaten this week I will be full for weeks!

I really enjoyed being able to spend Thanksgiving getting to know my new family. I think I'm pretty lucky to have the Burtons as my in-laws. This Thanksgiving I have so much to be grateful for. My amazing family (new and old), all my loved ones that have done so much for Josh and I to make this special time in our lives the most memorable and perfect time ever, my opportunity for an education at the greatest university (ok I may be a a little biased..), my job, and my very favorite- only 20 more days until I am sealed together with my best friend! So many great things going on I can't even handle it!


No comments:

Post a Comment