Thursday, December 20, 2012

God is Still Good.

A week later and my heart is still aching for those affected by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I've tried not to think about it too much so that it wouldn't sink in because it it had sunk in I would surely be a mess. I was scared to even attempt to write about it because I knew that my thoughts would never be described eloquently enough and my words would never give any comfort. But, I've decided it's time to let it sink it and for the sake of myself try to put into words my emotions.



I can't imagine the pain and suffering the poor families are feeling as they strive to make sense of this tragic loss. Literally no words are coming to mind to even begin to try to sympathize with these families and loved ones who have been affected.


Since I saw the news that Friday morning I've been looking at every child and parent differently. I keep thinking, it could have happened to that child, or that child, or that parent, etc. I think of my Summer Fun campers and how it so easily could have been them. I think of me in a few years teaching at a school and how it could have been me. All this and still I can't even begin to fathom the pain and the heartache.


The only conclusion that I can come to is that God is sending his love and his support to these people when they need Him most. We may not be able to understand why this happened or know how to help but Christ does know. So I continue to pray and I continue to have faith that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will take those people hurting and hold them and comfort them in ways we may not be able to. That is why God is so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment