Sunday, January 22, 2012

Frwends.

Ok so this blog is a little behind but ya know, I do what I want.

Just kidding. I've been a little under motivated this semester so I didn't really have anything real exciting to make awesome goals and write an inspiring blog about. But. I am a tad but more motivated now. And just a little bit more excited. Let me explain why.

I met a boy.

HAHAHA good joke right? That's not real. No boys.

Anyways...where was I? Oh yes. My renewed motivation. Exciting stuff I know.

So let me be honest. Since being here at BYU I haven't made the most friends.  It's kinda sad. Actually it's really sad and verging on pathetic. Don't get me wrong, I have friends. Two to be exact. Ok maybe a little more than two but you get the point. But I've come to a point where it's time I make new friends. So me and my two friends have been looking for ways to do that. My wonderful roommate and I have been praying almost every night for us to be open to new friendship opportunities and to find people we can become good friends with. And let me just tell you God works in mysterious ways. It keeps me on my toes.  Here are two ways I've decided God has heard and is answering my prayers:

I have recently been called to be our ward's greeter. Yup. I stand at the door and greet people as they come into church. The Bishop wants me to know everyone's name and address them by name when they come in. It's kind of a daunting task but I'm up to the challenge. (Or, "challenge accepted" as Barnie would say, How I Met Your Mother anyone?) So I've decided this is for sure a way of answering my prayers. I'll admit I was hoping for a more time consuming calling because I have so much free time on my hands but maybe now I can use that time studying the Ward Directory. Maybe...

Here are some greeting options for the 6 boys we have in our ward:



But in all reality it will be like this:







The second way is through a really unexpected way. My friend Christina from home has moved out to Provo to work and what not and she is just great. For reasons I'm not quite sure of we had an on and off relationship at home. But now we are becoming good friends again. And now her brother Tommy has been thrown into the mix and they are just a bundle of fun those two.

See what I mean?
I may or may not have done a little creeping to get this picture....
Don't worry about it.

Anyways, these two are a bundle of fun as I said. We played some night games, my favorite game in the whole world- Legretto (Pounce or Leghetto, your choice), and watched some Gilmore Girls. Tommy even bought us Pizza! Now you may be wondering how this applies to the new friend thing. Well, allow me to explain. At the night games they invited a bunch of people, who invited a bunch of people, who invited a bunch of people, you get my drift right? In short there were a lot people new people to meet. So basically I'm using them to make more friends. Just kidding! I actually love them.

Well. That's an update on my life and friendships I'm hoping to gain. I'll keep you updated on how my greeting is going. I'll be practicing I promise.

Oh also, my birthday is coming up. I'm excited. Big 1-9! Please make a big deal about it. JUST KIDDING. Gosh. Of course I don't want a huge surprise birthday extravaganza. Who needs that? :)

Ok but I'm actually kidding. Nothing is exciting about being 19.. Older and wiser I guess? Probably not. I'm just as much of a child as I've ever been! Which I am very content about.

look at that little bundle of joy. 
doesn't your heart melt a little from the cuteness? 
it better.


Anyways, have a fantabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment