Saturday, May 3, 2014

Dog or No Dog?

Recently I have been really wanting a dog. Josh and I have been back and forth about it (ok I have been back and forth about it) for a couple months now. My good husband is just supportive and trusts me to make the decision but I'm pretty indecisive. I've been looking up dogs to rescue, taking quizzes online that tell me the best dog for our situation, researching the breeds the quizzes recommended, getting attached to dogs I find online, and even having dreams about those dogs. It's time to just make a decision and be done. My heart can't take getting attached to these dogs anymore!

So the question is, dog or no dog? Our main concerns are finding housing that allows pets while we finish our last year of school, if we are home enough to not have our poor puppy lonely, and what to do with our pup when we travel. I really think that we could figure it all out but it's a big commitment! So I'm opening up this discussion to you loyal blog readers. Any thoughts for a young couple itching for another companion? Do we just go for it or wait until our living situations are a little more stable?

To help you understand how easy it is to get attached to these pups here are a few of the dogs we are considering. How can you not get attached when they could be put down soon if they are not adopted! Look at those faces! These are all supposedly good apartment dogs, that are good with kids (ya know for the future..), and are happy, relatively easy breeds. Are they not the cutest??

 This one's name is Godzilla and is Labrador Retriever puppy. I think we'd change his name, he doesn't look like a big scary gorilla to me.
 This one's name is Hamachi and is a miniature poodle. That's as big as he gets, too cute! Currently our front runner because he doesn't shed and is a good size for our current living situations.
 This is Kiss and she is a Husky mix puppy. Probably too big and sheds too much for what we are looking for but she might not get too big by the time we move out of Provo in a year or so!















This one is Remington and he is a beagle puppy. Remington seems like a perfect name to me for this majestic, brave looking puppy. He is probably my favorite but he might shed a lot which isn't ideal. Doesn't he look so regal though? Maybe I'm crazy and have been pining over his picture for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment