Monday, January 27, 2014

What a Year...

I celebrated my 21st birthday yesterday and it got me reminiscing about how many amazing things have happened to me this past year. I mean truly amazing things. I started a journal last year and in my first entry I wrote, "I have a very strong feeling that this is going to be a great year." Boy was that inspired. Allow me to recap these life-changing events in some pictures.

The mission age was changed and I was heart-set on serving a mission along with my 2 best friends Makenzie and Alex. As you already know that plan quickly changed but Makenzie and Alex held true and are currently serving the Lord in New York and Brazil.


Then I pushed back my mission a couple months in order to fulfill my life-long dream of going to Africa! Although before I left I had already made the decision of not serving a mission and to prepare to for marriage! I spent an incredible month in Uganda learning and loving. 


Before I left Josh and I had made things pretty clear that when I got back we would soon be engaged. So 3 days after I got home from Uganda Josh surprised me in DC and proposed! 


We spent a semester planning and preparing, then were sealed Dec. 21st in the Salt Lake Temple and had 3 amazing receptions to celebrate! 



And now here I am, 21 and married to the perfect man. I want to say that I couldn't be happier but last time I said that I was proven wrong. So I guess I'll say that I am the happiest I have ever been. I can't wait to see what this year brings me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment